TCVM’s Silk Road May Lead To Detour
1. University of Florida Veterinary Medical Center Internship in Acupuncture. Obtained on February 23, 2010 here.
2. Clemmons RM. Acupuncture for the treatment of neurological conditions. University of Florida, Gainesville, FL. Obtained on February 21, 2010 here.
3. Chan TY. Aconite poisoning. Clin Toxicol. 2009;47(4):279-285.
4. Singhuber J, Zhu M, Prinz S, et al. Aconitum in traditional Chinese medicine: a valuable drug or an unpredictable risk? J Ethnopharmacol. 2009;126(1):18-30.
5. American Veterinary Medical Association. AVMA Center for Veterinary Education Accreditation. Obtained on February 21, 2010 here
6. Wang H, Ye X, Gao Q, et al. Pharmacovigilance in Traditional Chinese Medicine safety surveillance. Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety. 2009;18(5):357-361.
7. Hsiao C-F, Tsou H-H, Wu Y-J, et al. Translation in different diagnostic procedures – Traditional Chinese Medicine and western medicine. J Formos Med Assoc. 2008;107 (12 Suppl):S74-S85.
8. Yin J-C, Li G-X, and Ren X-F. An overview of veterinary medical education in China: current status, deficiencies, and strategy for improvement. JVME. 2006;33(2):238-243.
9. Cooper K, Noller B, Connell D, et al. Public health risks from heavy metals and metalloids present in Traditional Chinese Medicines. Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, Part A. 2007;70:1694-1699.
10. Fu PP, Chiang H-M, Xia Q, et al. Quality assurance and safety of herbal dietary supplements. Journal of Environmental Science and Health Part C. 2009;27:91-119.
11. Ko RJ. Adulterants in Asian patent medicines. New England Journal of Medicine. 1998;339(12):847. Cited in Amster E, Tiwary A, and Schenker MB. Case report: potential arsenic toxicosis secondary to herbal kelp supplement. Environmental Health Perspectives. 2007;115(4):606-608.
12. Chen T-H, Chang H-C, and Lue K-Y. Unregulated trade in turtle shells for Chinese Traditional Medicine in East and Southeast Asia: the case of Taiwan. Chelonian Conservation and Biology. 2009;8(1):11-18.
13. Kraut AM. Healers and strangers. Immigrant attitudes toward the physician in America – a relationship in historical perspective. JAMA. 1990;263(13):1807-1811.