Texas Honors ‘Superheroes of the CVM’ at Awards Ceremony
The Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences recently held its annual Staff Awards Ceremony to honor dedicated staff members.
The Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences honored a small group of staff members at its annual Staff Awards Ceremony. (Not pictured: Tina Lilly)
The Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
The Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences (CVM) recently honored 11 dedicated staff members at its annual Staff Awards Ceremony. The event recognizes staff members for their excellence, naming them “Superheroes of the CVM.”
The 2014 Staff Awards recipients are:
• Mary Sanders, veterinary technician in Small Animal Medicine & Surgery
• Amy Savarino, pharmacist at the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital
• Kay Duncan, medical technologist in Clinical Microbiology
• Kit Darling, veterinary medical teaching hospital infection control coordinator
• Lora Gonzales, business associate in the Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences
• Sheila Carter, veterinary medical teaching hospital compliance coordinator
• Elizabeth Scanlin, veterinary technician in Neurology
• Katrina Lacaze, veterinary technician in Equine Theriogenology
• Samantha Watson, veterinary technician in Small Animal Oncology
• Tina Lilly, veterinary technician in the Intensive Care Unit
Cindy Voelker, business administrator in the Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, received the 2014 Pearl Enfield Staff Leadership Award. Voelker was not able to be at the awards ceremony, so her granddaughter accepted the award on her behalf.
Pearl Enfield was “a highly professional and committed mainstay” of the administrative staff in the Department of Veterinary Integrative Biosciences (then called the Department of Veterinary Anatomy and Public Health) until her unexpected death in 1996. The Pearl Enfield Award was established in her honor to recognize a staff member who exhibited that same caliber of leadership and dedication to the college.
The awards were presented to employees based on nominations from their colleagues, which were reviewed by staff and faculty members serving on the Staff Awards Committee, and each recipient was presented with a plaque noting her achievement along with a monetary award.