Brain Teaser: Can you solve this puzzle?
Test your knowledge with the monthly brain teaser
March 11, 2019
A toy was found in the jejunum of a nine-month-old Shih Tzu.
1) What is the holding layer of the small intestine—the one to include in the suture line?
2) Which suture material is ideal? Which needle is best?
3) Which suture pattern is recommended?
Check the answers on the next page.
1) The submucosa. Sutures can be full-thickness.
2) A synthetic, absorbable, monofilament suture. A blunt needle.
3) A simple, appositioning, continuous suture is now recommended. An inverting or everting suture pattern is considered unacceptable.
- [Image]: https://www.veterinarypracticenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Enterotomy-pic.jpg
Source URL: https://www.veterinarypracticenews.com/brain-teaser-can-you-solve-this-puzzle-2/