Brain Teaser: Can you solve this puzzle?
November 1, 2018
A patient is dysphoric when recovering from anesthesia.
- How do you diagnose dysphoria?
- What do you need to differentiate dysphoria from?
- How would you treat dysphoria?
Check your answer on the next page.
- Patient has received an opioid; agitation, vocalization, panting, hyperthermia, non-responsiveness to human contact.
- Pain; fear, anxiety and stress (FAS).
- Reverse the opioid (naloxone, butorphanol); give a tranquilizer or sedative; give some TLC.
Did you answer these questions correctly? Let us know in the comments.
Source URL: https://www.veterinarypracticenews.com/brainteaser-2/