Brain Teaser: Can you solve this puzzle?
Test your knowledge with the monthly brain teaser
May 22, 2019 4:05 pm
A patient’s pulse oximeter shows a low reading.
1) What is the name of this condition?
2) Name at least five possible locations for the pulse oximeter probe.
3) Explain a few steps you would take to troubleshoot hypoxemia.
Check the answers on the next page.
1) Hypoxemia—until proven otherwise.
2) Tongue, lip, toe web, vulva, prepuce, flank fold, and pinna.
3) Check the patient first. If in doubt, give a breath. Check the pulse and auscultate the lungs. Then check the pulse oximeter, the anesthesia circuit, including the placement and patency of the endotracheal tube, as well as the oxygen level in the tank. Test the probe on your pinky.
- [Image]: https://www.veterinarypracticenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Hypoxemia.jpg
Source URL: https://www.veterinarypracticenews.com/brainteaser-june-2019/