By Patty Khuly, VMD, MBA
The author has found the benefits of practice ownership greatly outweigh the challenges and should be encouraged. / Photo: Bigstock Bro.vector
I won’t lie. Being a practice owner is hard. At no point would I promote practice ownership as an easy proposition for anyone. But—guess what?—being a veterinarian is way harder than being a practice owner. Which makes me wonder why so many people willing to put in tireless hours to crown themselves animal doctor are—once fully fledged—subsequently unwilling to take this extra step?
It’s a crucial question for the future of our profession. As more veterinarians graduate with a self-described lack of interest in practice ownership and see fewer examples of happy, successful owners, the...
You’ve landed on a members-only feature.
If you are already a member, please log in below.
Join VPN Plus+ today to get access to this feature and more like:
- Members-only content:
- In-depth case studies
- New protocols
- Detailed practice management strategies
- More from some of your favorite columnists like Patty Khuly and Brennen McKenzie
- Exclusive webinars, roundtables and videos
- And additional benefits including:
- VIP discounts to VetMedTeam online education and VetCE events
- An annual ‘Vet Box’ full of curated products just for you!