March 14, 2019
Veterinarians looking to learn more about surgical CO2 lasers can get their fill at the American Laser Study Club (ALSC) symposium.
Held in Phoenix, Ariz., from March 29 to 31, the event will feature the following laser-surgery techniques and photobiomodulation topics:
• “A comparison between carbon dioxide surgical laser and non-laser excision of cutaneous and subcutaneous soft tissue sarcomas and mast cell tumors in dogs”—Lori Agulian, DVM;
• “Comparison of the hemodynamic response in general anesthesia between patients submitted to skin incision with scalpel and CO2 laser using dogs as an animal model”—Pedro Azevedo, DVM, MSc, Pst-Grd;
• “Veterinary oral laser surgery: Ahhh!”—Noel A. Berger, DVM, MS, Dip. ABLS;
• “Surgical lasers in veterinary medicine”—David S. Bradley, DVM, FASLMS;
• “Laser therapy simplified: A quick review of what you really need to know”—David S. Bradley, DVM, FASLMS;
• “Comparison of the influence of CO2-laser and scalpel skin incisions on the surgical wound healing process”—Miguel Carreira, PhD, MSc, DTO, Pst-Grd, DMD, DVM;
• “Comparative study on the plasmatic CRP level variation in dogs undergoing surgery with CO2 laser and scalpel blade incisions in a pre- and post-surgical time-point”—Miguel Carreira, PhD, MSc, DTO, Pst-Grd, DMD, DVM;
• “The use of CO2 laser in exotic animals”—Lorraine A. Corriveau, DVM, DABVP;
• “The use of CO2 laser in veterinary dentistry and oral surgery”—Lorraine A. Corriveau, DVM, DABVP;
• “Excision and ablation of various dermatologic lesions in the dog and cat”—David D. Duclos, DVM, DACVD;
• “How the CO2 laser revolutionized my approach to general and perineal surgeries”—Jakub Kaczmarek, DVM;
• “Photodynamic antibacterial treatment (aPDT) in pets”—Katalin Kovács, DVM, PhD;
• “Brachycephalic obstructive airway syndrome (BOAS)—My 7 years of experience using aesculight CO2 laser, over 460 patients operated”—Ziemowit Kudła, DVM;
• “Laser eyelid surgical procedures”—William E. Schultz, DVM; and
• “Veterinary CO2 surgical laser case presentations”—Christopher J. Winkler, DVM, VMLSO, Dip. ABLS.
Attendees can earn up to 17.5 CE hours.
In addition, a hands-on veterinary laser surgery training workshop will be led by Noel A. Berger, DVM, MS, Dip. ABLS; and Peter Vitruk, PhD, MInstP, CPhys, DABLS.
During the event, CO2 laser inventor C. Kumar N. Patel, PhD, MSc, will present the 2019 Kumar Patel Prize in Laser Surgery to:
• John C. Godbold, DVM, for his contributions to veterinary laser surgery education;
• Robert A. Strauss, DDS, MD, for his contribution to oral and maxillofacial laser surgery education; and
• Warren Seiler, MD, for his contributions to cosmetic laser surgery education.
Click here for more information
Source URL: https://www.veterinarypracticenews.com/second-annual-alsc-symposium-take-place-phoenix-ariz/
Copyright ©2019 Veterinary Practice News unless otherwise noted.