Name at least five ways to correct hypotension in a cat or a dog under anesthesia
by samantha_ashenhurst | July 1, 2018 9:00 am
This dog’s blood pressure reading signals hypotension.
Name at least five ways to correct hypotension in a cat or a dog under anesthesia.
- Re-measure the blood pressure to rule out a technical error.
- Decrease the percentage of anesthetic gas.
- Treat the cause of hypotension (hemorrhage).
- Try a bolus of IV fluids.
- Give a colloid (e.g. hetastarch).
- Give an inotropic medication (dopamine, dobutamine).
- Give an anticholinergic (atropine, glycopyrrolate).
How did you do? Let us know in the comments below.
Source URL: https://www.veterinarypracticenews.com/what-would-you-do/