Name at least five ways to correct hypotension in a cat or a dog under anesthesia
Test your knowledge with the July 2018 Brain Teaser
July 1, 2018
This dog’s blood pressure reading signals hypotension.
Name at least five ways to correct hypotension in a cat or a dog under anesthesia.
- Re-measure the blood pressure to rule out a technical error.
- Decrease the percentage of anesthetic gas.
- Treat the cause of hypotension (hemorrhage).
- Try a bolus of IV fluids.
- Give a colloid (e.g. hetastarch).
- Give an inotropic medication (dopamine, dobutamine).
- Give an anticholinergic (atropine, glycopyrrolate).
How did you do? Let us know in the comments below.
Source URL: https://www.veterinarypracticenews.com/what-would-you-do/