By Patty Khuly, VMD, MBA
I could easily subtitle this article, “How low standards in veterinary record-keeping helped save my butt.” Here’s what happened:
See if you can remember way back to mid-March of 2020. The coronavirus crisis had reached its tipping point, and the word “pandemic” had just slipped into common usage. I don’t even think most of us were calling it COVID-19 yet. In fact, it was the very first week of whiplash, when everything changed from in-house care to curbside, and everyone was scrambling to adjust to upended operations. It was a barely controlled chaos at that point.
Enter Ms. Showbreeder, equal parts self-important, overbearing, and stingy—a total time suck of a client who hadn’t been fired only because her mental illness had garnered...
You’ve landed on a members-only feature.
If you are already a member, please log in below.
Join VPN Plus+ today to get access to this feature and more like:
- Members-only content:
- In-depth case studies
- New protocols
- Detailed practice management strategies
- More from some of your favorite columnists like Patty Khuly and Brennen McKenzie
- Exclusive webinars, roundtables and videos
- And additional benefits including:
- VIP discounts to VetMedTeam online education and VetCE events
- An annual ‘Vet Box’ full of curated products just for you!