By Patty Khuly, VMD, MBA
I used to think any individual’s predisposition to anti-intellectualism ended when they received a complex diagnosis or their child required emergency surgery. That’s when everyone can agree on one thing: We’re grateful for all that great science! When you or your family’s life is on the line, that’s where the rubber really meets the road. Right?
Not so fast, y’all. Enter COVID. A deadly pandemic hits the U.S. and we’re all still arguing over the relative merits and pitfalls of mask-wearing and whether as-yet unproven drugs should be indiscriminately administered anyway. It’s proof positive America has swallowed all the spoon-fed bull**** that passes for science in a world where party distinctions and religious beliefs seem to matter mor...
You’ve landed on a members-only feature.
If you are already a member, please log in below.
Join VPN Plus+ today to get access to this feature and more like:
- Members-only content:
- In-depth case studies
- New protocols
- Detailed practice management strategies
- More from some of your favorite columnists like Patty Khuly and Brennen McKenzie
- Exclusive webinars, roundtables and videos
- And additional benefits including:
- VIP discounts to VetMedTeam online education and VetCE events
- An annual ‘Vet Box’ full of curated products just for you!