In this interview, Sarah Hoggan, DVM, expands upon her previous VPN Plus+ article on guidelines practitioners can use to make appointments with clients who have mental health issues more productive and compassionate for all involved.
Dr. Hoggan is the medical director at VCA California Veterinary Specialists in Murrieta, CA and has been interested in better ways to work with clients with mental health issues since childhood. Hoggan grew up with parents that worked in the mental health community. One of her pre-veterinary school jobs was working as a CNA in a psychiatric hospital for approximately 12 months. Part of the training in that facility involved minimal contact self-defense techniques, as well as ef...
You’ve landed on a members-only feature.
If you are already a member, please log in below.
Join VPN Plus+ today to get access to this feature and more like:
- Members-only content:
- In-depth case studies
- New protocols
- Detailed practice management strategies
- More from some of your favorite columnists like Patty Khuly and Brennen McKenzie
- Exclusive webinars, roundtables and videos
- And additional benefits including:
- VIP discounts to VetMedTeam online education and VetCE events
- An annual ‘Vet Box’ full of curated products just for you!