By Melissa Tompkins, BS, CVPM, PHRca, CCFP
Mentoring is a chance for the whole team to come together, not just mentor/mentee. Photo Macrovector/Bigstock.
Anyone who has hired a veterinarian within the past few years knows what a difficult process this can be. There are many different reasons for this: doctors are comfortable at their current jobs and are not looking for work, more doctors are retiring, burnout is causing doctors to leave the profession, and there are more jobs available than there are veterinarians. “There are presently about 7,000 openings for veterinarians across the country, and not enough veterinary professionals to fill these positions.”1
I have worked with numerous veterinary hospitals to help them recruit and hire veterinarians. One of the common thing...
You’ve landed on a members-only feature.
If you are already a member, please log in below.
Join VPN Plus+ today to get access to this feature and more like:
- Members-only content:
- In-depth case studies
- New protocols
- Detailed practice management strategies
- More from some of your favorite columnists like Patty Khuly and Brennen McKenzie
- Exclusive webinars, roundtables and videos
- And additional benefits including:
- VIP discounts to VetMedTeam online education and VetCE events
- An annual ‘Vet Box’ full of curated products just for you!