By Stewart S. Smith, DVM, PhD
It should go without saying, not all veterinary practices are alike. Not all regions of the country are alike. Not all communities are homogeneous. Not all clients have unlimited resources to devote to the care of their pets. Yet, over the years, we have found ourselves frequently confronted with opinion pieces, written by practice management “experts” whose advice may be distilled down to one catchy phrase: “Charge what you’re worth.”
Those of us who have been doing this for a while know things aren’t always quite that simple. My practice of 27 years was a good example. We were located equidistant from million-dollar homes and Section-8 housing. The former group of clients appreciated the fact we kept our pricing under control, the ...
You’ve landed on a members-only feature.
If you are already a member, please log in below.
Join VPN Plus+ today to get access to this feature and more like:
- Members-only content:
- In-depth case studies
- New protocols
- Detailed practice management strategies
- More from some of your favorite columnists like Patty Khuly and Brennen McKenzie
- Exclusive webinars, roundtables and videos
- And additional benefits including:
- VIP discounts to VetMedTeam online education and VetCE events
- An annual ‘Vet Box’ full of curated products just for you!