By Patty Khuly, VMD, MBA
Photo: Dzmitry Dzemidovich/Bigstock
These days, everyone has a brand. It’s not just where you work, the practice you may or may never own, the school you attended, or the institution you’re most closely affiliated with. You have a brand. In fact, you are the brand.
While it may be troubling, even insulting, to be referred to in terms so crassly commercial, brands and branding are extremely useful tools to help guide your career, focus your efforts, achieve your goals, and–-most importantly, I’ll argue–enhance your enjoyment of veterinary medicine.
The practice-as-platform model of the past
Long before the advent of social media, we veterinary professionals have always leveraged a platform to set ourselves apart from our...
You’ve landed on a members-only feature.
If you are already a member, please log in below.
Join VPN Plus+ today to get access to this feature and more like:
- Members-only content:
- In-depth case studies
- New protocols
- Detailed practice management strategies
- More from some of your favorite columnists like Patty Khuly and Brennen McKenzie
- Exclusive webinars, roundtables and videos
- And additional benefits including:
- VIP discounts to VetMedTeam online education and VetCE events
- An annual ‘Vet Box’ full of curated products just for you!