By Patty Khuly, VMD, MBA
Smack in the thick of Miami’s COVID spike, I had to have minor surgery to correct a bony defect caused by Rottweiler skull-induced trauma to my nose. The timing was technically elective. It needed to be done eventually, but the sooner the better, cosmetically speaking. I chose vanity over safety weeks in advance, not knowing my zip code would zoom to the top of COVID’s bell curve of casualties on that exact day.
At least it was an excuse to test myself ($350 for a 24-hour “concierge” negative) and take a much-needed mental break––a two-week staycation––after powering through the first full half of 2020 without so much as one whole day off (Sundays included). Despite the pain I anticipated, and the unsightly bruising, I was looking forwar...
You’ve landed on a members-only feature.
If you are already a member, please log in below.
Join VPN Plus+ today to get access to this feature and more like:
- Members-only content:
- In-depth case studies
- New protocols
- Detailed practice management strategies
- More from some of your favorite columnists like Patty Khuly and Brennen McKenzie
- Exclusive webinars, roundtables and videos
- And additional benefits including:
- VIP discounts to VetMedTeam online education and VetCE events
- An annual ‘Vet Box’ full of curated products just for you!