By Ed Carlson, CVT, VTS (nutrition)
The AAVSB model regulations categorizes “Imaging including, but not limited to, radiography…” as indirect supervision in the tasks of their Veterinary Technician Scope of Practice document. Photo: Milkos/Bigstock
Veterinary hospitals around the country have been busier than ever over the past year during the COVID pandemic. This has amplified the shortage of veterinary technicians, which has existed for several years. A major contributing factor to this shortage is poor retention, with many veterinary technicians leaving the profession after five to seven years. Contributing factors for leaving the profession likely correlate with the top six most significant problems that face credentialed veterinary technicians who responded to the NA...
You’ve landed on a members-only feature.
If you are already a member, please log in below.
Join VPN Plus+ today to get access to this feature and more like:
- Members-only content:
- In-depth case studies
- New protocols
- Detailed practice management strategies
- More from some of your favorite columnists like Patty Khuly and Brennen McKenzie
- Exclusive webinars, roundtables and videos
- And additional benefits including:
- VIP discounts to VetMedTeam online education and VetCE events
- An annual ‘Vet Box’ full of curated products just for you!