By Melissa Tompkins, BS, CVPM, PHRca, CCFP
Are you feeling burned out and emotionally exhausted? You are not alone.
It is 9 a.m. on Monday morning and you just got to work. The schedule is completely booked, and clients keep calling to see if you can “squeeze them in” even though you don’t have any empty appointment slots until next week. The owner of the hospital keeps saying yes to everything, and you feel overwhelmed and defeated even though your shift just started.
Does this sound familiar? Our field is experiencing an unprecedented increase in the need for veterinary services, and it is taking a toll on veterinary professionals. Even before the increase in the need for veterinary care, it was very common to see words like “compassion fatigue...
You’ve landed on a members-only feature.
If you are already a member, please log in below.
Join VPN Plus+ today to get access to this feature and more like:
- Members-only content:
- In-depth case studies
- New protocols
- Detailed practice management strategies
- More from some of your favorite columnists like Patty Khuly and Brennen McKenzie
- Exclusive webinars, roundtables and videos
- And additional benefits including:
- VIP discounts to VetMedTeam online education and VetCE events
- An annual ‘Vet Box’ full of curated products just for you!