By Jennifer Serling, CVT, RVT, VTES
July 6 is World Zoonoses Day and now, more than ever, awareness of these diseases is vital. Zoonoses, as you know, are diseases that are able to pass between people and animals. Education and knowledge of such diseases are important for not just the practitioner’s and veterinary health care team’s overall wellbeing but also being able to impart such information to our clients should their pet or animal be diagnosed with a zoonotic disease.
Approximately 61 percent of human pathogens are zoonotic, and approximately 75 percent of the emerging pathogens in the past decade have been believed to be zoonotic (I’m looking at you COVID-19). Unfortunately for us and our patients, interstate and international movement can allow fo...
You’ve landed on a members-only feature.
If you are already a member, please log in below.
Join VPN Plus+ today to get access to this feature and more like:
- Members-only content:
- In-depth case studies
- New protocols
- Detailed practice management strategies
- More from some of your favorite columnists like Patty Khuly and Brennen McKenzie
- Exclusive webinars, roundtables and videos
- And additional benefits including:
- VIP discounts to VetMedTeam online education and VetCE events
- An annual ‘Vet Box’ full of curated products just for you!