By Patty Khuly, VMD, MBA
Some clients may lean toward raw food diets for the wrong reason – like soulful puppy dog eyes. Photo: Anna-av/Bigstock
On a first well-puppy visit, we do our best to welcome the new pup with open arms, lots of treats, and little freebies to get them started. So as not to forget any crucial conversation topics (as we are want to when faced with so much cuteness), I’ve posted exam room checklists of miscellaneous new pup concerns. These include innocuous items like socialization, breed-related healthcare, microchipping, etc. Pretty vanilla stuff — until, that is, you get to the topic of actually feeding the baby.
Of all the seemingly nontoxic puppy topics, nutrition has evolved into the one area I’ve learned to tread l...
You’ve landed on a members-only feature.
If you are already a member, please log in below.
Join VPN Plus+ today to get access to this feature and more like:
- Members-only content:
- In-depth case studies
- New protocols
- Detailed practice management strategies
- More from some of your favorite columnists like Patty Khuly and Brennen McKenzie
- Exclusive webinars, roundtables and videos
- And additional benefits including:
- VIP discounts to VetMedTeam online education and VetCE events
- An annual ‘Vet Box’ full of curated products just for you!