By JoAnna Pendergrass, DVM
Veterinary practice is a team effort, requiring commitment and dedication from all staff members to provide optimal care for each pet, keep clients happy, and maintain profitability. Within a multidoctor practice, this team effort can be put to the test when some of the clinicians work part-time.
Why choose part-time?
Veterinarians who choose to work part-time do so for a variety of reasons, such as pursuing a second career. Laura Hoffman, DVM, who works as the sole part-time veterinarian in a multidoctor practice and teaches in the pre-veterinary medicine/veterinary technology department at Murray State University in Murray, Ky., knew full-time veterinary practice was not for her. Doing part-time veterinary work gave her “the ability...
You’ve landed on a members-only feature.
If you are already a member, please log in below.
Join VPN Plus+ today to get access to this feature and more like:
- Members-only content:
- In-depth case studies
- New protocols
- Detailed practice management strategies
- More from some of your favorite columnists like Patty Khuly and Brennen McKenzie
- Exclusive webinars, roundtables and videos
- And additional benefits including:
- VIP discounts to VetMedTeam online education and VetCE events
- An annual ‘Vet Box’ full of curated products just for you!