By Patty Khuly, VMD, MBA
Peyton and her dog Raven at the clinic. Peyton is a frequent visitor to the practice and is the daughter of Dr. Khuly’s head technician. Courtesy Dr. Patty Khuly
I almost fell off my chair when I read a New York Times opinion piece on how veterinary medicine and pharmacy are great professions for families. My mother forwarded it to me, proud her prescient daughter had selected a profession so remarkably female-forward. She probably thought all that “Free To Be You and Me” she’d spoon-fed her children in the 1970s had finally paid off somehow.
I guess I can’t blame her. She never had to sit on the toilet in a 4x4 bathroom while fielding phone calls from clients blissfully unaware of the source of the churning, backgroun...
You’ve landed on a members-only feature.
If you are already a member, please log in below.
Join VPN Plus+ today to get access to this feature and more like:
- Members-only content:
- In-depth case studies
- New protocols
- Detailed practice management strategies
- More from some of your favorite columnists like Patty Khuly and Brennen McKenzie
- Exclusive webinars, roundtables and videos
- And additional benefits including:
- VIP discounts to VetMedTeam online education and VetCE events
- An annual ‘Vet Box’ full of curated products just for you!