By Ed Carlson, CVT, VTS (nutrition)
Is advanced degrees the way to go for veterinary technicians? Photo: Bigstock/Elnur
Previously, I have addressed some of the challenges credentialed veterinary technicians face: not earning a living wage, a perceived lack of respect, and feeling we are not being used to the full extent of our education and training. Some of these challenges are related to the issues of lack of a standard credential, scope of practice, or title protection. Over the past three decades, various groups have discussed issues of and potential solutions to under-utilization, and some groups continue to study and research these same issues today.
Meanwhile, there are not enough veterinarians or credentialed veterinary technicians to meet the needs o...
You’ve landed on a members-only feature.
If you are already a member, please log in below.
Join VPN Plus+ today to get access to this feature and more like:
- Members-only content:
- In-depth case studies
- New protocols
- Detailed practice management strategies
- More from some of your favorite columnists like Patty Khuly and Brennen McKenzie
- Exclusive webinars, roundtables and videos
- And additional benefits including:
- VIP discounts to VetMedTeam online education and VetCE events
- An annual ‘Vet Box’ full of curated products just for you!