By Steven Edwards, DVM
The schedule is slammed on a Friday afternoon, and you are running behind. Your next appointment is there “just” for booster vaccines. “Wonderful,” you think. “This will only take five minutes, allowing me to catch up.” And then it happens… You wish Mrs. Smith a wonderful weekend, and she says, “Well I hope you have a good weekend doctor, but I will have a terrible one because the forecast calls for storms on Sunday. Charlie hates storms!”
What would you say to Mrs. Smith? Would your reply be something like, “I’m sorry to hear that. Make sure to give Charlie lots of love this weekend,” while thinking to yourself you just don’t have time to discuss behavior in the course of a busy day? Do you feel unprepared to address these concerns ...
You’ve landed on a members-only feature.
If you are already a member, please log in below.
Join VPN Plus+ today to get access to this feature and more like:
- Members-only content:
- In-depth case studies
- New protocols
- Detailed practice management strategies
- More from some of your favorite columnists like Patty Khuly and Brennen McKenzie
- Exclusive webinars, roundtables and videos
- And additional benefits including:
- VIP discounts to VetMedTeam online education and VetCE events
- An annual ‘Vet Box’ full of curated products just for you!