The American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) has released its 2018 AAHA Diabetes Management Guidelines for Dogs and Cats, which offers updates to the association’s 2010 guidelines.
New online tools and educational resources for pet owners and veterinary teams include:
- Quick-reference algorithms on diabetes monitoring, troubleshooting, and hypoglycemia
- New information on insulin formulations and recommendations for their use
- Thorough discharge and home monitoring diary templates for dogs and cats
- How-to videos on insulin administration, capillary blood sampling, and urine glucose testing
- Client and staff education materials
AAHA guidelines review the latest information to help veterinary teams address central issues and perform essential tasks to improve the health of their patients.