Aug. 15 is national Check the Chip Day, a reminder for pet owners to check and update their companions’ microchip registry information. Sponsored by the American Veterinary Medical Association, Check the Chip Day helps veterinarians extend client relationships by working with them to ensure their families will be reunited if pets become lost.
To help educate clients about microchipping and the importance of keeping chip registration current, the AVMA is offering a Check the Chip Day Toolkit with a range of materials to promote and prepare for the day.
The toolkit offers:
- A client handout to help owners keep track of their pet’s microchip information and know when the chip registry was last checked
- Suggestions for stress-free ways to observe the day and for sharing information with clients
- Ready-to-use social media posts and images
- A full-size version of a microchipping infographic for website or social media use
- A newsletter article for email or print
- A sample proclamation that can be personalized for use by your local or state government
- A customizable press release to spread the word to local media
- A link to a web page that includes information on How to Check the Chip to look up pet microchip registration information 24/7