Rehabilitation for Equine Back & Sacroiliac Conditions - A 2-Day Practical Course
Oct 30, 2020 to Oct 31, 2020
7:30 AM until 7:30 PM
Back and sacroiliac problems are amongst the most debilitating conditions affecting equine athletes. Local injections of medications do not usually resolve the problems long-term unless combined with a comprehensive rehabilitation program and the introduction of management changes.
This 2-day practical course was developed for equine practitioners with a good working knowledge of back and sacroiliac conditions and covers how to use therapeutic modalities effectively in combination with comprehensive exercise protocols aimed at strengthening the back/gluteal musculature. The world-renowned specialists will be discussing the following topics interactively with the attendees:
• The Physical Therapist’s Approach to Back & Sacroiliac Conditions
• Physical Therapist’s Evaluation of the Equine Back & Pelvis
• Therapeutic Modalities for Back & SI Conditions – Therapeutic Laser, Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy, Electrical Stimulation, Rapid Release Technology & Radiofrequency Therapy
• Rider & Horse Interaction
• Therapeutic Exercise for Back & Sacroiliac Problems
• Development of Treatment Plans for Back & SI Conditions
• Underwater Treadmill
• Therapeutic Monitoring of Back & SI Conditions
• Return to Sport – The Progression incl. Management Changes
• Home Exercise Programs for your Clients
• Injury Prevention & Maintenance
• Conditioning & Performance Enhancement
• How to charge for Rehabilitation Services
In the afternoons, 7 hours of practical small-groups sessions on live horses will allow attendees to become familiar with various therapeutic modalities and physical therapy exercises that can be shared with horse owners.
$105 - $1,640
68 Sky Manor Rd
Pittstown NJ 08867
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.