As the sun goes down tonight at the NAVC conference, appetizers will be served. Then comes the main course.
Attendees can start off by choosing from a menu of lectures. Once they leave the Gaylord Palms meeting rooms, they can stroll over to Osceola Ballroom for a free concert by Grammy Award-winning singer Sheryl Crow.
"Free-spirited, fearless and fierce — Sheryl Crow has sold more than 35 million records worldwide, saw the launch of her very own clothing line, Bootheel Trading Co., and is a cancer survivor and passionate humanitarian at the pinnacle of her success. Join us and get moving with this legend of music and nine-time Grammy Award winner. Open to All! Doors open at 7:30 PM."
Evening Session classes make up a small percentage of the talks, master classes, luncheons and laboratories taking place during the conference at the Gaylord Palms, Marriott World Center and Caribe Royal.
The eight Monday evening lectures, along with the room locations and sponsors, are:
- “An Unlikely Combination: An Evening of Urinary and Dermatology,” Sun C (Royal Canin—Gaylord, Booth 1715).
- “New Technologies Against Resistant Bacteria,” Sanibel (VetBiotek Inc.—Marriott, Booth 3821).
- “Beyond the Basics: Attracting and Retaining Clients,” Sarasota (Partners for Healthy Pets—Gaylord, Booth 522).
- “Clinical Management of Flea Infestations and FAD,” Sun A (Merck Animal Health—Gaylord, Booth 717).
- “Veterinary Medical Issues in the U.S. Congress with U.S. Rep. Kurt Schrader,” Sun D (Humane Society Veterinary Medical Association—Gaylord, Booth 127).
- “Stock, Bonds and the Social Construction of Animal Welfare,” Tampa (Elanco Animal Health—Gaylord, Booth 1325; Marriott, Booth 4023—and Purdue University).
- “How to Talk to Clients About Cancer and Avoid Top 10 Mistakes,” Miami (Aratana Therapeutics—Gaylord, Booth 339).
- “Treatment of Common Ocular Diseases,” Sun B (Akorn Animal Health—Gaylord, Booth 813).
The ballroom doors open at 7:30 p.m., and the concert begins at 8. The event is sponsored by Merck Animal Health and its Bravecto brand.