1. Levitt S and Tang J. Taoist Astrology. A Handbook of the Authentic Chinese Tradition. Rochester, VT: Destiny Books. Pp. 69-70.
2. MacPherson H and Kaptchuk TJ. Acupuncture in Practice: Case History Insights from the West. Elsevier Health Sciences, 1997. P. 434.
3. Liu S, Yi L-S, and Liang Y-Z. Traditional Chinese medicine and separation science. J Sep Sci. 2008; 31:2113-2137.
4. Cho WC-S. Application of proteomics in Chinese medicine research. Am J Chin Med. 2007;35(6):911-922.
5. Zheng J-F, Qu Z-M, Luo C-Y, et al. The electrogastrogram in cows and goats with Pi-Xuzheng (Spleen Deficiency Pattern). American Journal of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine. 2008; Volume 2. Obtained online at http://ajtcvm.org/?p=66 on December 14, 2008.
6. Li WF, Jiang JG, and Chen J.Chinese medicine and its modernization demands. Arch Med Res. 2008; 39(2):246-251.
7. Ko RJ. A US perspective on the adverse reactions from Traditional Chinese Medicines. J Chin Med Assoc. 2004;67:109-116.
8. Buckley L. Conference on Traditional Chinese Medicine marks shift towards global market, raises concerns about social and ecological impact. Worldwatch Institute website. Obtained at http://www.worldwatch.org/node/47 on December 14, 2008.
9. Zhang GG, Singh B, Lee W, et al. Improvement of agreement in TCM diagnosis among TCM practitioners for persons with the conventional diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis: effect of training. J Altern Complement Med. 2008;14(4):381-386.
10. Kim M, Cobbin D, and Zaslawski C. Traditional Chinese medicine tongue inspection: an examination of the inter- and intrapractitioner reliability for specific tongue characteristics. J Altern Complement Med. 2008;14(5):527-536.
11. Tyan C-C, Liang W-M, Shy H-W, et al. How to standardize 3 finger positions of examiner for palpating radial pulses at wrist in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Acupuncture & Electro-therapeutics Res., Int. J. 2007;32:87-96.
12. Shaver SL, Robinson NG, Ruch-Gallie R. Tongue features of dogs with Boney Bi Syndrome. American Journal of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine. 2008;3(1):35-42.
13. Schnorrenberger CC and Schnorrenberger B. Pocket Atlas of Tongue Diagnosis. New York NY: Thieme. P. 204.
14. Kirschbaum B. Atlas of Chinese Tongue Diagnosis. Seattle: Eastland Press, 2000. Pp. 1-2.
15. Robinson NG, Shaver SL, and Ruch-Gallie R. Structural abnormalities of the tongue tip as a predictor of cardiovascular disease. American Journal of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine. [Article in press.]
16. Meier PC and Rogers C. Reporting Traditional Chinese Medicine morbidity – a University of Technology, Sydney, project with an emphasis on developing standards for testing and reporting data. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 2006;12(6):529-534.
17. Lin JH and Panzer R. Use of Chinese herbal medicine in veterinary science: history and perspectives. Revue scientifique et technique. 1994;13(2):425-432.