The Keep the L.O.V.E. Alive Behavior Express Tour began May 4 in Chicago and resumes May 18 in St. Louis at Bark in the Park, a fundraiser for the Humane Society of Missouri.
Partnering with Ceva is the American College of Veterinary Behaviorists (ACVB), which is sending board-certified veterinarians to answer pet owner questions at several tour events.
"Thousands of pets die needlessly each year due to untreated behavior problems,” said Debra Horwitz, DVM, Dipl. ACVB, a tour spokeswoman. "This campaign calls attention to these alarming statistics and reinforces the critical role of veterinarians in helping pet owners resolve those behavior problems to keep that love alive.”
L.O.V.E. stands for "Lean on Veterinary Expertise.”
The complete bus tour schedule:
- May 18: St. Louis (Bark in the Park)
- June 1: New York City (Adoptapalooza)
- June 29-30: San Francisco (Gay Pride Parade)
- Sept. 8: Boston (Pet Rock Festival)
- Sept. 27-28: Kansas City, Mo. (Strutt Your Mutt)
- Oct. 5: Detroit (Animal March)
Ceva Animal Health, a subsidiary of the international pharmaceutical firm Ceva Santé Animale, has North American headquarters in Lenexa, Kan.