The Veterinary Hospital Managers Association will host its 2011 Annual Conference Oct. 13-16 at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa in San Antonio.
The conference’s theme is “Reaching New Heights: Educating. Achieving. Connecting,” and the event will include 18 continuing education credit hours for attendees or 19 hours for Certified Veterinary Practice Managers.
In honor of the VHMA’s 30th anniversary, the association will host a VHMA Jeopardy! competition on Oct. 14 as part of the conference. Contestants will be quizzed on their knowledge of well-known, obscure and fun facts about the association’s history and milestones. The event will take place in front of a live audience and prizes will be awarded.
Sessions at this year’s conference will be on topics including:
• Identifying skills that can be used to empower the team and better lead the practice;
• Best practices in software usage;
• Strengthening communication with clients;
• Uncovering the components that distinguish a well-managed practice from others; and
• Strategies for becoming more media savvy to better position your practice.
Additional breakout sessions by track will address needs of managers ranging from new to seasoned.
More information on the conference can be found at the VHMA's website.