Event marketing agency First Choice Marketing of Morristown, N.J., plans to host the 13th Annual Hambletonian Continuing Education Seminar on Aug. 2, 2012, and the 7th Annual Continuing Education Wet Labs program on Aug. 3, 2012.
The seminar and labs will be held in conjunction with the 87th Annual Hambletonian Festival of Racing in East Rutherford, N.J. Through a partnership with the American Association of Equine Veterinary Technicians, the seminar and wet labs will be offering CE credits to licensed veterinary technicians and assistants participating in one or both of the seminar and wet labs.
The wet labs, to be held at the Meadowlands Racetrack, will include the following sessions:
• A Review of Eye Examination Techniques in the Horse with Dennis Brooks, DVM, Ph.D., Dipl. ACVO;
• Endoscopy of the Upper Airway and Guttural Pouches with Mark Crisman, DVM, M.S., Dipl. ACVIM;
• Regenerative Therapies – Stem Cell Therapy: A New, Non-Invasive Method of Collection with Bimodal Treatment and Platelet Therapy: E-PET with Jeffrey Schaffer, DVM, and Shelly Zacharias, DVM;
• Equine Musculoskeletal Radiography with Alex Valdes-Martinez, DVM, Dipl. ACVR;
• Equine Musculoskeletal Ultrasound with Dr. Valdes-Martinez;
• Photographing the Equine Iris for the Purpose of Identification.
The free CE seminar will take place at the Sheraton Meadowlands Hotel and Conference Center and will include the following lectures:
• The Use of Serum Amyloid A in the Monitoring of Clinically Ill Hospitalized Patients with Rodney Belgrave, DVM, M.S., Dipl. ACVIM; • Brachytherapy in the Horse by William Bradley, DVM;
• Ocular Emergencies in Horses with Dr. Brooks;
• Strangles: Vaccination, Treatment and Biosecurity Measures with Dr. Crisman;
• Equine Acupuncture: Beyond the Qi Concept with Dr. Crisman;
• Nutritional Consultations: What Vets Need to Know to Make Sound Feed Recommendations with Mary Beth Gordon, Ph.D.;
• Hot Topics in Equine Medicine with Nicola Pusterla, DVM, Ph.D., Dipl. ACVIM, and Wendy Vaala, VMD, Dipl. ACVIM;
• The Lameness Quiz – Observations and Characteristics of Lame Horses with Michael Ross, DVM, Dipl. ACVS;
• A Practitioner’s Perspective on Compounding and Unapproved Drug Use in Equine Practice with Nathan Solvis, DVM, Dipl. ACVIM, CHT;
• Diagnostic Imaging of the Suspensory Ligament with Dr. Valdez-Martinez;
• Computed Tomographic Arthrography of the Equine Stifle Joint with Dr. Valdez-Martinez;
• Antioxidant Research and Its Applications for Use in Exercising Horses with Carey Williams, Ph.D.
Registration is available online at www.firstchoicemarketing.us.