Follow Veterinary Practice News on Twitter at @vetpetnews.
The Oklahoma State University veterinary school has grown to 16 endowed chairs or professorships with the appointments of faculty members Melanie Boileau and Todd Holbrook.
Dr. Boileau, DVM, MS, Dipl. ACVIM, was named the McCasland Clinical Professor, and Dr. Holbrook, DVM, Dipl. ACVIM, Dipl. ACVSMR, will fill the June Jacobs Endowed Chair in Veterinary Medicine, the university reported Thursday.
The dean of the Center for Veterinary Health Sciences, Jean Sander, DVM, MAM, Dipl. ACPV, called the addition of two endowed positions "phenomenal."
"These positions provide resources to faculty members to allow them to pursue their fields of interest for the betterment of veterinary medicine and ultimately animal and human health," Dr. Sander said. "We are forever grateful to our donors who make this possible."
The McCasland Foundation, named after Oklahoma oilman and philanthropist T.H. McCasland, funded Boileau's professorship. She is an associate professor and the food animal section chief at the Veterinary Medical Hospital. Her research interests include a non-antimicrobial treatment for infectious bovine keratoconjunctivitis and the management of bovine dystocia using tocolytic drugs.
Oklahoma resident Jack Jacobs funded Holbrook's endowed chair in memory of his late wife, June. Holbrook, an associate professor, is the hospital's equine section chief, and his research interests are in infectious disease, cardiology and sports medicine.
The McCasland Foundation also funds the Professorship in Biomedical Laser Surgery, which is filled by Kenneth Bartels, DVM, MS, and the Endowed Chair in Food Animal Research, which is held by Robert W. Fulton, DVM, Ph.D., MS, Dipl. ACVM.
The other endowed positions and the appointees are:
• Sitlington Chair in Infectious Diseases (William W. Barrow, Ph.D., MS)
• Kerr Foundation Endowed Chair (Bartels)
• Sitlington Endowed Chair in Food Animal Research (Anthony Confer, DVM, Ph.D., MS, Dipl. ACVP)
• Oxley Chair in Equine Sports Medicine (Michael Davis, DVM, Ph.D., MS, Dipl. ACVIM, Dipl. ACVSMR)
• Bullock Professorship in Equine Theriogenology (G. Reed Holyoak, DVM, Ph.D., MS, Dipl. ACT)
• Sitlington Chair in Food Animal Research (Katherine Kocan, Ph.D., MSPH)
• Krull-Ewing Endowed Chair in Veterinary Parasitology (Susan Little, DVM, Ph.D., Dipl. ACVM)
• Lundberg-Kienlen Professorship in Biomedical Research (Lin Liu, Ph.D.)
• Ricks-Rapp Professorship in Musculoskeletal Research (Dianne McFarlane, DVM, Ph.D., MS, Dipl. ACVIM)
• Sitlington Chair in Toxicology (Carey Pope, Ph.D., MS)
• Cohn Family Chair for Small Animal Care (Mark Rochat, DVM, MS, Dipl. ACVS)
• Patricia Henthorne Clinical Professorship in Small Animal Medicine (Lara Sypniewski, DVM, Dipl. ABVP, CVA, CCRP)
Previous: Free Webinar on Foraging and Enrichment For Pet Birds
Want more Veterinary Practice news? Go here.