Safeguard, a provider of caravan and motorhome insurance in the United Kingdom, has launched a new pet insurance policy. Pets are a major part of family life, as well as a large component of the caravan and motorhome community, according to the company, a division of Swinton Group Ltd.
“Pet ownership can be expensive,” said Rita Sadler, Safeguard manager. “If your pet has an accident or becomes ill, vet bills can soon add up. This pet insurance policy offers financial security should your pet have to go to the vet so that owners won’t have to make difficult decisions about whether or not they can afford the treatment.
“Taking our pet insurance through Safeguard will also cover things such as advertising costs if your pet goes missing, boarding fees and third part liability. As with all insurance policies it’s vital to check small print. Look at the excess, whether there’s a cap on veterinary fees and what cover is given to individual medical conditions.”
Safeguard’s pet insurance covers:
- Veterinary fees – up to a maximum of about $6,160;
- Complementary treatment – up to about $385 with no time limit;
- Emergency boarding kennel fees – up to about $154 per week for boarding (if the pet owner or anyone normally living with the pet owner should need to go into a hospital for emergency medical treatment);
- Advertising and reward costs – up to about $770 for advertising or suitable reward if a pet gets lost or stolen;
- Holiday cancellation – up to about $770 for any travel and accommodation expenses should a pet owner need to cut his/her holiday short if a pet becomes ill;
- Overseas travel – available option cover for owners wishing to travel abroad with their pet.
Safeguard notes that certain policy terms and conditions apply. Click here for details.