The University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine (Penn Vet) will host the Innovation in Kidney & Urinary Health Symposium on November 15. The event is sponsored by Penn Vet’s Ryan Hospital’s Comprehensive Kidney and Urinary Care service.
Five board-certified specialists from Ryan Hospital will discuss a variety of topics concerning a comprehensive approach to kidney and urinary disorders and disease. Speakers include:
- Lillian R. Aronson, VMD, professor of surgery; founder and director, Penn Vet Renal Transplantation Program; “Surgical and Interventional Approach to Cancer of the Upper and Lower Urinary Tract” and “Surgical and Interventional Approach to Urinary Calculi.”
- Dana Clarke, VMD, assistant professor of Interventional Radiology and Critical Care; “Surgical and Interventional Approach to Cancer of the Upper and Lower Urinary Tract” and “Surgical and Interventional Approach to Urinary Calculi.”
- JD Foster, VMD, staff veterinarian—medicine; director, Penn Vet Extracorporeal Therapy Service; “Global Approach to Chronic Kidney Disease” and “Hemodialysis.”
- Giacomo Gianotti, DVM, DVSc, staff veterinarian, service head—anesthesia; “Anesthetic Management of the Patient with Renal Disease.”
- Erica Reineke, VMD, assistant professor of critical care; “Emergency Management of Uremic Crisis.”
Seven continuing education credits are available for veterinarians and technicians.
Registration closes October 30.
For details, call 215-573-9401.