The U.K.-based company says products tested, released, and distributed within the U.S. were manufactured on an aseptic line, which did not pass process simulation tests. The recall was made as a precautionary measure, as according to Norbrook, no batches of product have been identified to contain microorganisms.
The following products have been recalled:
- Carprieve Injection, CarproJect Injection, Levafen Injection, and OstiFen Injection (carprofen; 50 mg/mL). They are nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for the pain and inflammation relief associated with osteoarthritis and control of postoperative pain associated with soft tissue and orthopedic surgeries in dogs
- Loxicom Injection, EloxiJect Injection, and OstiLox Injection (meloxicam; 5 mg/mL) are NSAIDs used for the relief of pain and inflammation connected with orthopedic surgery, ovariohysterectomy, and castration in dogs and cats
- Enroflox Injection for Dogs 2.27% and EnroSite Injection for Dogs 2.27% (enrofloxacin; 22.7 mg/mL) are used for the management of diseases in dogs associated with bacteria susceptible to enrofloxacin
- Enroflox 100 Injection (enrofloxacin; 100 mg/mL) is an antimicrobial used for the treatment and control of bovine respiratory disease, for the treatment and control of swine respiratory disease, and for the control of Colibacillosis in swine
- Noromectin Plus Injection (ivermectin; 10 mg/mL and clorsulon; 100 mg/mL) is a parasiticide used for the treatment and control of internal and external parasites in cattle
- 300 PRO LA and Noromycin 300 LA (oxytetracycline; 300 mg/mL) is a broad-spectrum antibiotic used for the treatment of a wide range of diseases caused by susceptible gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria in beef cattle, nonlactating dairy cattle, calves, and swine
- Oxytetracycline Injection 200, Terra-Vet 200, and Duramycin 72-200 (oxytetracycline; 200 mg/mL) are broad-spectrum antibiotics for use in beef cattle, dairy cattle, calves, and swine
- Flunixin Injection, Prevail, and Vetameg (flunixin meglumine; 50 mg/mL) are a nonsteroidal analgesic agent with anti-inflammatory and antipyretic activity for use in horses and cattle
- Flunixin Injection-S (flunixin meglumine; 50 mg/mL) is a nonsteroidal analgesic agent with anti-inflammatory and antipyretic activity for use in swine
The company will provide a full refund of all recalled products.
To see the list of lot numbers and expiry dates, click here.