Toys, tiles, and towels—and a large one at that! Animals eat all sorts of things, forcing their owners to make a mad dash to their veterinarian. Once again, our annual X-ray contest drew dozens of entries, each of them perplexing in their own way, and the next one more bizarre than the last. Choosing a winner was tough, but our panel of experts came through. The winner receives $500, courtesy of IDEXX Laboratories Inc., and a one-year subscription to its Web PACS, a picture archiving communications system valued at $2,400. Total retail value of the prize is $2,900. Check out the top rad, along with the runners-up and honorable mentions.
Voting for the People’s Choice award runs from Oct. 1 to Nov. 30. A select number of entries are at veterinarypracticenews.com/peopleschoice. The top pick will receive a $500 VISA gift card, courtesy of IDEXX.
- Marty Becker, DVM, writes VPN’s “In the Middle” column
- John Lewis, VMD, FAVD, DAVDC, writes VPN’s “Dental Pearls” column
- Brennen McKenzie, MA, MSc, VMD, cVMA, writes VPN’s “Evidence-Based Medicine” column
- Alice Villalobos, DVM, FNAP, writes VPN’s “Dr. Alice at Large,” “The Bond and Beyond,” and “Oncology Outlook” columns
- Phil Zeltzman, DVM, DACVS, CVJ, writes VPN’s “Surgical Insights” and “Practice Management” columns